Sedation DentistryPainfree dentistry without fear
What can Sleep Dentistry do for me?
Sleep Dentistry (also called Sedation Dentistry, Conscious Sedation, Twilight Sedation or Intravenous sedation) is the most advanced form of dental sedation. It uses a combination of sedative and pain relieving drugs given intravenously to create a relaxed state where your treatment can be carried out without you knowing – or feeling – a thing.
Ideal for phobic patients
None of us like going to the dentist. And many people are actually phobic about the whole experience, yet we all need dental treatment to ensure ongoing health and a great smile. That’s where sleep dentistry can really help. You can achieve the dental health you want without fear or distress.
Our core sedation procedures can be isolated to three offerings:
- Sleep Dentistry (Intravenous Sedation)
- Nitrous Oxide (commonly known as ‘happy gas’)
- General Anaesthetics
Please note that Dr Walker is a certified Dental Board Sedation practice and we provide sedation on-site and on a daily basis.
Less time, less visits
Sleep dentistry is ideal for complex or difficult treatments that may have once required multiple visits or long time in the chair. Sleep dentistry enables most – if not all – of the treatment to take place at the same time. This means your treatment is often a one-time session or as minimal as it possibly can be.
Benefits of sedation dentistry:
- treatments that normally take multiple visits in one appointment
- surgical procedures such as wisdom teeth removal and dental implant surgery
- advanced cosmetic dentistry with minimal visits
- absolutely pain-free, and relaxing dental treatment
- no more anxiety, phobia and gagging
Our equipment is state-of-the-art. Our staff are highly experienced and caring. Dr Walker is an experienced and highly-respected clinician. Your health and well-being are our top priority.
How do I prepare?
- On the day of your treatment, you'll have to refrain from food and drink, including water and even chewing gum for at least 6 hours prior to the procedure.
- Follow the instructions given to you by us regarding your medications.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing and remove jewellery and even nail polish (to facilitate monitors).
- You will need someone to drive you to and fro and you’ll need someone with you for the rest of the day.
- We will keep you at the surgery until you are ready to go.
- Following your treatment, you’ll need to comply with normal post-operative procedures like not driving or operating machinery. Don’t drink alcohol or take recreational drugs and avoid sedatives and sleeping pills. Basically, stay home with a good book or movie on TV!
How much does it cost?View our latest sedation durations and costs.
We are a certified Dental Board Sedation practice offering Intravenous Sedation on a daily basis unlike other practices that bring in an anaesthetist on a monthly basis to perform their sedations. We receive referrals from many dentists for sedation & General Anaesthesia. So if you enquire elsewhere please ensure, for your security, that it is to a dental board approved practice.
We offer General Anaesthesia on a regular basis at our rooms and we are one of the very, very few in the Sydney metropolitan area.